Steam Bath: Does It Really Make Skin Fair?
Yes, we are talking about the same old fabled steam bath that helps you get fairer skin in just a few sessions. This is not a new concept or something that’s been recently introduced in beauty parlors.
The tradition of using steam as a natural skin-lightening agent has been prevalent in many cultures for centuries. In fact, the Romans and Greeks used it in their hot baths to lighten their skin tone and prevent sunburn – which was quite common back then!
But in this day and age when there are so many other options to get fair skin, why would anyone opt for this ritual? Read on to know more about it…
What’s So Special About A Steam Bath?
A steam bath, also known as a vapor bath, is a bath taken in a cabin that is filled with steam. The steam helps to open up pores and draw out impurities from the skin which makes it a great cleansing ritual.
It is the easiest and most affordable way to get a natural chemical peel, exfoliation, and detoxification treatment right at home. While your pores are open due to the steam, you can use natural ingredients like aloe vera, cumin seeds, turmeric, and sandalwood to deeply cleanse and nourish your skin.
When done with the right ingredients, steaming can also brighten your skin tone. It is a great way to open up your pores to give your skin a deep exfoliation and a refreshing feeling. Steaming will also help your skin to relax and it is great for those with acne-prone skin.
Why Is Steaming Good For Skin?
Besides the benefits mentioned above, there are several reasons why steaming is one of the best ways to pamper your skin. Here is a list of some of the many benefits of steaming your skin.
– Helps Reduce Pimples: Using a steam treatment is believed to open up the pores and help reduce pimples. The steam helps to draw out the impurities from the pores and helps to unclog them. The steam will also have a drying effect on the skin which will further help rid the skin of bacteria and acne-causing agents.
– Brightens Skin Tone: The alpha hydroxy acids present in many natural ingredients act as chemical exfoliators, which means they act as a peel that removes the dead skin cells. This helps to brighten your skin tone and bring out healthy, glowing skin.
– Cleanses Your Skin: Steaming helps to open up your pores, making it easier to cleanse your skin. Using ingredients like aloe vera, cumin seeds, and turmeric during your steaming session will help to cleanse and deeply nourish your skin.
– Relaxes The Skin: Allowing your skin to relax in a warm steam bath will bring about a sense of calmness, helping to reduce stress, improve blood flow, and bring about better sleep.
– Good For Those With Oily Skin: Oily skin is the most affected type of skin when it comes to acne. A steam cleansing ritual will help to unclog your pores and help draw out the oil from the skin leaving it clean and fresh.
– Anti-aging Treatment: The steam from the bathwater will help open up your pores, making it easier for you to cleanse and nourish your skin with anti-aging ingredients.
Expert Tips For A Good Steaming Session
Here are a few expert tips for a good steaming session.
– Choose The Right Time: Your skin responds best to steaming in the morning when it is fresh. If you want to steam your skin in the evening, then you should do so at least 2 hours after you have taken your dinner.
– Choose The Right Place: Steaming works best when you do it in a wooden cabin with a roof or an enclosed space or in a wooden or bamboo tub in your bathroom. You can also use an electric steamer if you want to do it right in your room.
– Use The Right Herbs: Herbs like aloe vera, sandalwood, and cumin seeds are great for steaming as they cleanse, nourish, and moisturize your skin. If you want to use turmeric in your steam, then you should add some milk while steaming since it is not soluble in water.
– Make It Smooth: Make sure you don’t use too many herbs while steaming, as this will make your steam very thick and difficult to breathe in.
More reasons to try a steam bath
– Getting rid of acne and blackheads: As discussed above, steaming helps to open up the pores, making it easier for you to cleanse your skin. This will also help to get rid of acne and blackheads.
– De-stressing your skin: When you steam your skin, you’re letting it take a break from all the daily hubbub. The warm water and the essential oils will help to relax your skin and reduce stress.
– Getting rid of dry skin: Steaming your skin will help to open your pores and cleanse your skin from within. This will help to remove dry skin from your face and other body parts.
– Preventing wrinkles: Steaming your skin helps to reduce wrinkles, especially if you steam a few times a week.
– Getting rid of dark spots: If you have any dark spots on your skin, steaming can help to reduce their appearance.
– Getting rid of stretch marks: If you have stretch marks, you can use steam to help fade them.
– Getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads: Not just acne, you can also get rid of blackheads and whiteheads by steaming your skin.
There you have it, folks! A steam bath is actually a great way to cleanse and nourish your skin. It will help you get rid of acne, wrinkles, and even dark spots. So why not try it out? All you need to do is follow the tips listed above, and you will be good to go!
Morten is a technology and software expert, who has been using steam baths for more than 20 years. He loves technology and software, and he's passionate about the benefits of steam bathing.Read more...